|
| Normalcy (noun) - being within certain limits that define the range of normal functioning. |
.JPG) |
| This^ is not exactly normal but it did me giggle:) Dean got issued a HUGE bag of cold weather gear and decided to put it ALL on at the same time. I don't think he'll be getting cold on the flight-line this winter! |
Yeah...i guess we're having a bit of normalcy in the Haggard household:) I think it's time to admit that Dean and I are adjusting to life in Kansas. I don't know that I say we are enjoying ourselves yet, buuuut every day is feeling more normal than the last! Last week Dean finally started his in-processing (just lots of paper work and seminars) and getting familiar with his flight and co-workers. I had two job interviews (YAY!!) and got an offer and a second interview (YIPEE!!). I signed up for school and will hopefully be enrolling in classes this week. Maybe I WILL finish my bachelors before 30:) We finalized our housing situation by giving up our base housing option and putting a deposit down on an adorable house in Derby, KS which we move in to June 5th. Plan your visits now!!! We moved into a temporary corporate apartment until then and it feels like we're real newlyweds now! It's a small one bedroom, one bathroom (what else do we need for 3 weeks?) but the best/worst part is that it came fully furnished with furniture, cable and internet! but no dishes/pots/pans/linens:( So in order to 1.) not eat fast food 3 meals a day, 7 days a week for 3 weeks and 2.) not gain 100 lbs by eating only microwavable junk food and cold cut sandwiches I decided to get a couple things to get us by. Let me just say its the saddest (and most hilarious) thing ever! we have 1 pan, 1 pot, 1 spatula, 1 (really crappy) knife, and one coffee cup. I did go out on a limb and by paper plates and bowls and solo cups so we at least have a good supply of those:) But the last week or so has been really humbling, it makes you realize that you really don't NEED all "that stuff" to live and make good food:) Too bad all of "our stuff" will be here in three weeks and our humble living situation will gone! darn!! (I may not be all THAT sad). Dean's not suffering though folks, NEVER FEAR! He's got his x-box and playstation hooked up and somehow convinced me that we needed to buy a new 55"3D tv (it WAS a really good deal) that takes up (seriously) half of one wall in this "humble" abode we've got. All I do is shake my head and laugh though at this point. We're in a 600 sq ft apartment and we have THREE tv's and only 1 knife. Priorities, priorities:) We are one brand new sports car and a baby away from being the stereotypical lower enlisted couple haha and let me just say thank god for Jerry and Gina! Their the two who helped us find our house and keep us from having no social life what-so-ever! We've been so lucky to at least have the two of them to hang out with and get over-charged for beer with:)
 |
This is it folks!! 1713 Evergreen Ct. Derby, KS. There are still people living here so no mail until after the 5th of June please!! We can't wait to send out "We've Moved" post cards:) It may not look that room-y from the outside but there's plenty of space (and rooms) for guests!!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment