Friday, July 13, 2012

1+1=3??

Two short years ago this month Dean dropped down on one knee and proposed to me in the kitchen of our Lexington apartment. Seven months later we were married and eight and a half months after that Dean left for Air Force basic military training. After 8 weeks of BMT (not even seeing him once!) and three months of technical training, both in Texas and 12+ hrs of driving and numerous plane rides away, I was FINALLY reunited with my new (yes, I still say new!) husband!! He had about three weeks at home to visit with friends and family before we would add yet another adventure to our list, MOVING TO KANSAS!!! Those exclamation points are not out of excitement, rest assured. More out of...shock. Yes, shock. Knowing that Dean was assigned to McConnell for 24 months (and there was a very slim chance we would be able to bust out of that joint early!) I did think to myself: "We may actually go six full months without a life changing experience. This will be different." WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!! Now I don't enjoy using the "W" word (I think it actually may be against 'woman law') but alas, I was WRONG! It was a weird feeling, being the first time in my life that this has ever happened:) But almost a month after arriving to Wichita, mother nature decided it was time to take a nine month vacation and make me hate food for three-ish weeks:/ And although we were "planning" for this occasion, by NO means did we think it would happen this quickly! For those of you (aka boys) who didn't get the hint, WE'RE PREGNANT!! This morning we went for my 12 week appointment (BYE BYE FIRST TRIMESTER!!!) and baby H is healthy and growing according to schedule with a heart beat of 170:) he/she was excited! Due January 23, 2013, Baby H is sure to be the most exciting/important life changing event we've had so far! The blessings that Dean and I have received in the short time we have been together have really been insurmountable! We are so thankful to the amazing friends and family that have supported us from day one and continue to send their blessings our way. Although its been a whirlwind two years, I wouldn't change one detail and I look forward to the details we'll be adding this year:) Below are the ultrasound pictures from my first appointment at 7weeks 4days.
IT'S A BABY!!! I know it looks more like a..blob, but I'm told it REALLY is a baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment