Man its been a while since I've actually taken the time to document ANYTHING on here!! Since my last post I've started a new job, and school (!), Melissa came to visit for a weekend, I took Dean to Ft. Riley to see where I grew up (well, part of where I grew up:)) and to meet the Greifs for Samantha's wedding and my dad came for a short visit!! It has been a busy August! OH! and we found out the sex of the baby!!!!! Baby H is officially now Myles Landon Haggard, or will be in January when he makes his not-so-formal arrival:) Myles was actually a major reason for both my dad and Melissa visiting. Who knew something so small could bring so many people together??
 |
| Thank you auntie Missy for bringing me a bed!! now I won't have to sleep in a kennel:) hahaha |
.JPG) |
| I could only hope that Myles gets lucky enough to make great friends like his parents have!! |
We had the ultrasound at 9am on Friday August 24th and it was more than amazing! Although it was the second ultrasound we have had, it was the first time we've actually seen our baby's arms and legs and heart and brain and "parts" and FACE! The show started with Baby H sitting spread eagle and showing us that "it" is a "HE"!! Of course my dad, who has been calling Baby H a "he" the entire time calmly said "I told you so, now I'm 2 for 2" Referring to my step-sister Lindsey's son who was born in January and was originally determined by ultrasound to be a girl! We even got to see Myles being a bad baby!! He was very active the entire time and during the show he decided mommy's bladder was too big to share the space with his legs. So, we watched our little bundle of joy ball his legs up and KICK MY BLADDER!!! The tech doing the ultrasound started laughing and said "do you feel that? he's kicking your bladder!" Until this point I didn't connect the "spasm" feelings with kicking because I honestly just didn't know. Now however, I know that I have a very active little baby inside of me who should have very strong legs when he gets out! Myles proved to be quite the little charmer during his "big show" and kept the tech busy for about an hour with all of his acrobatics. I must say we are two very lucky parents, I could have watched him move all day!! Especially after the tech showed me his measurements, blood flow and organ placement. If you are reading this you have most likely read about Lindsey's son (my nephew) who was born with CDH in January and you know how passionate we all are about research and knowledge. And, how long the roller coaster-ride to recovery was for him. Because of this, I of course had to see that the lungs, heart, liver, intestines and stomach were all in their "right" places. They were, thank God! and so was everything else! Myles seems to be "healthy" in terms of what we can see and hear. The blessings just continued during the visit when the tech decided that since Myles was so photogenic that she would turn on the 4-D:) FOR FREE! Amazing is all I can say. I know 3-D/4-D ultrasounds look like aliens but as soon our son's face appeared my heart melted. "It's a baby!!!" was my only reply. There's nothing to put pregnancy in perspective like actually being able to see your baby's features in real time.WHAT A MIRACLE! and I know soon enough I'll wish he was still inside of my belly being quiet, not waking up 16 times a night and crying but right now I wish I could just fast forward to January and have this little bundle of joy in our arms:) Soon enough though, soon enough!
 |
| ...and here he is!! all sqwishy-faced and perfect:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment