First thing is first, just a little disclaimer: I want to recommend to any pregnant woman who thinks it's a good idea in her third trimester to take a 12+ hour trip (driving) not to. I don't care how excited you are or how great you feel, you will hate life, yourself, your husband, and the world 8 hours into the drive there and the entire day before the drive back. Don't do it. You will most likely develop restless leg syndrome so severe you have to shake your leg the entire last two hours keeping you from driving or sleeping! None of the crappy fast food sounds good and when you try something you think will work you get heartburn so bad that your $6 bottle of gas station tums doesn't take care of it:( you will swell up to the size of a hippo. Seriously. My toes looked like mini vienna sausages and it wasn't a good look. Just don't do it. On the plus side, if you do happen to take a lengthy trip back home there are a lot of positives that make it worthwhile. We started out our trip by driving into Nashville very late on Wednesday (before Thanksgiving) and spending the night with my dad and step-mom. The next morning we woke up, got ready, and headed to Hoptown (Hopkinsville:)) to see my gramma, aunts, and cousins for Thanksgiving dinner. I can't say enough how much I love my family and how happy they make me. I never stop laughing when I'm around them and I always regret leaving because I'm never certain when we'll all be together again. The food alone was worth the 12 hours I spent in traveling purgatory. I think I actually used the term "food drunk" several times that day, and I really was! After eating more than should have ever fit into my body I remember the room getting fuzzy and being very very drowsy. But no time for sleep!! We needed to head to Lexington to celebrate ThanksChristmas with Mark, Judy, Brad, Ale, Sofia and Evy! Which meant more food, more family, and more fun!! We arrived at Casa de Haggard pretty late but we were greeted by two of the sweetest little girls ever which instantly made the drive worth it (again). Friday morning we would have breakfast, beignets, and Christmas!!The next day we did JUST that:) Sofia and Evy helped hand out presents (well, Sofia handed out presents. Evy tried to take presents!)
 |
| Evy had her eye on the prize!! |
We all emptied our stockings and Dean ate almost all of his candy within the hour (seriously) with a little help from the girls of course:) and just when we thought our trip home couldn't get any better, we still had Friendsgiving!! For those of you not familiar with this shindig, it is when our friends gather for a Thanksgiving of our own. It usually happens before Thanksgiving but because our friends love us so much they moved it to that Saturday so we could participate! (yeah, they're really that awesome!) There's nothing better than being welcomed home by all of the people you love the most. We were so lucky to be able to share in these amazing events and make lasting memories with family and friends.
 |
| All of the lovely ladies at the Ames' Friendsgiving! |
No comments:
Post a Comment