Friday, November 2, 2012

Hello 3rd trimester, goodbye belly button!

WOW! It's hard to believe that its been almost two months since I've actually set down to write a blog post! Even harder to believe: I'm now in my THIRD trimester!! Oh how the time has flown. It seems like with work and school and life I've neglected the little pregnancy things that I enjoyed in the beginning, life is getting busy! I know what you're thinking: "Just wait until that baby gets here, you'll really know busy then." And all I have to say is poor Myles! Because mommy is a hot mess as it is! Here are a couple things that have been neglected the past three weeks while I've been studying and taking finals, working (a new shift) and trying to grow a human: No pedicure for 3 weeks (I know this is a first world problem, but remember: I work 40+ hours a week in a skilled nursing facility. these dogs are barking daily! AND, I can't reach my own toenails anymore:/), No baby-bump picture for 3 weeks, no progress on the nursery (I have plenty of time for this though), No blog post in 7 weeks, No call to my gramma in 2 weeks (WAY TOO LONG!), and no grocery shopping in like 10 days! The Haggard household is almost out of produce and water and we've been out of milk for 3 days. I'm a sad, sad prego! Thank God for Dean and all of his help! He's done laundry and dishes (because I dread to see what it would have gotten to!) and taken more care of the dogs than I even get to see them! Needless to say, I took a half day off work this week, was able to re-coup a bit and am feeling much better. Note to self: being pregnant is not a time to try to be superwoman. It will catch up with you, and when it does it's a doozy! So in an effort to make up for lost time I'll try to update as much as possible in this one post. We had my follow up ultrasound last month (I'm still having a hard time believing its already November) and not only was Myles still healthy and active, Mommy is healthier too! The ultrasound didn't put at 100%, I'm still treading lighting and my restrictions (lifting and heavy activity) continue but the placenta has migrated "north" 1cm which graduates me from placenta previa to low-lying placenta! This also takes my pregnancy from high-risk to just "risky". According to my OB and the nurse practitioner 1cm is not enough to have a vaginal delivery but it is a good enough start to move toward that plan and away from a c-section/early delivery!!! So, the plan now is to wait, continue to grow, and have another ultrasound in 4 weeks (around Thanksgiving). Per Dr. Breit I only need about 1 more cm of migration away from the cervix and I'm in the clear:) Now, the details you really want to hear! Myles is over 2lbs now! He should be about 2.5 per the pregnancy books and was 2.2 at the 26 week ultrasound! He is moving around like a gymnast inside me! I can sometimes see my stomach moving if he's really active and I'm laying down after work:) He even kicked Dean's head one night (he was laying on my stomach) when he was really getting down! Needless to say, our excitement is building and although we want him to grow as much as possible and be as healthy as can be when he does make his arrival, we just can't wait for him to be here!!! For now though the waiting continues and January is just around the corner:) So we will continue to ask for your thoughts and prayers because those are surely what have gotten us this far. Week 29, here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment