After leaving our first real home together in Lexington, Dean and I have arrived at McConnell AFB (Wichita, KS). This blog will (hopefully) keep our friends and family updated as we start a new chapter in our lives!
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
31 Days of Making Time
After being inspired by a fancy blogger with an equally fancy name (www.fancyashley.com) who is taking on a 31 day blog challenge I have decided too to take on this challenge of daily blogging! I'm sure it will be ill-written and at times (more often than not) boring but It is a great reason to start blogging more often and an even better reason to polish up on my blogging skills! So, for my 31 day challenge I have decided to blog about making time. Not "fitting things in" or "multitasking" either. I mean good old-fashioned, clear your calendar, turn your phone off, shut the world out, time. More often than not I find myself playing with Myles while cooking dinner and feeding him and loading/unloading the dishwasher and letting the dog in and out and talking to Dean on the phone while texting a friend and checking Facebook/Instagram. Just typing my multitasking schedule out is exhausting enough, try living it! So, for the next 31 days I am going to try (REALLY HARD) to make time each day for one specific activity. It may only be 15 minutes but it will be 15 focused, uninterrupted minutes. The uninterrupted part is key by the way. We as a society have gotten so used to multitasking (and being pretty good at it!) that we don't even realize we are doing it sometimes. Day 1: Make time for my blog. I'll start simple:) I started this blog as a way for our friends and families to follow our journey as newlyweds and new parents living far away from our comfort zone. Along the way however I have put my blog on the backburner and even when writing blog posts I sometimes find myself preoccupied with the other million things I need (want) to get accomplished that day. So, tonight I'm sitting in our living room on the couch, everyone else in the house is sleeping, the TV is off, I only have one tab open, and my cell phone is sitting next to me but it is locked and was not turned on during this blog. I feel relaxed and realize that this is the way blogging should be; an outlet. One day down, 30 more to go! Can't wait to blog about what I make time for tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment