After leaving our first real home together in Lexington, Dean and I have arrived at McConnell AFB (Wichita, KS). This blog will (hopefully) keep our friends and family updated as we start a new chapter in our lives!
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Making Time to Shower (day 2)
You may laugh at the subject I chose to make time for today. Unless you're a new mom, and then you're probably wondering what tip or secret I'm going to share with you regarding being able to shower in peace. Sadly, I have no secrets. I selfishly take Myles to daycare to shower in peace. It's the only way (other than when he's sleeping) to shower in true peace. Recently I had a conversation with a friend of mine who does not yet have children and my only advice to her was to shower in peace while she still could. Her response, "I've heard a lot of moms say that it's hard to shower. Why can't you just stick the kid in a swing in the bathroom?" That's a great question. Babies are smart. They know just how to manipulate a situation to their favor. No lie, Myles would be soundly asleep ready to nap and I "jump" in the shower for a quick rinse, 30 seconds later the alarms sound and my child is screaming like the boogie man is real and in his room. It's like he could sense my blood pressure dropping and my body relaxing and he needed to wake me up. So, today I made time to relax. I haven't been feeling well the last couple days. Call it change of season or just general yuckiness but I've been achy and tired and gross. All the recipe for a nice, long, hot shower. None of which I have time for on most days. I got my grungy, oily hair, sweatpants self together and dropped Myles off at daycare and then made my home to bask in my glorious, skin melting, steam shower. It nothing short of glorious I tell you and it was my 15 (or 40) minutes to make time for something without disruption and without multitasking. Day 2:Success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment