Friday, October 4, 2013

Making Time for Friends (day 4)

Before I became a mom I remember hearing people say that they lose friends because of babies or they just don't have time to keep in contact. One of my many goals after becoming a mom was to defy that stage. Although I don't talk to Missy (and my other friends) daily like I used to, (no lie, we would talk 3-4 times a day-AND we both work full time!) but I do still make a point to call and take the time to catch up or text and follow up on recent events. I want my friends to know that they are a huge part of my life. Growing up an Army brat I wasn't raised near my family and I have always considered my friends to be family. These are people I saw day in and day out, many of whom I stayed with when my parents were out of town and vice-versa. To not keep in touch or be in contact regularly just seems unnatural to me. Today (Friday) I called Missy on my way home from work just to catch up, we hadn't talked in about 3 days but quickly updated each other and got on to our normal banter about future haircuts, prime time television, and children. It may not have been an hour phone call (we're pretty efficient:)) but it accomplished what we needed it to. I can't explain how lucky I am and how blessed I feel to be surrounded by such amazing friends. I hope that I can always find a way to make time for them, no matter how long or short that time is.

No comments:

Post a Comment