After leaving our first real home together in Lexington, Dean and I have arrived at McConnell AFB (Wichita, KS). This blog will (hopefully) keep our friends and family updated as we start a new chapter in our lives!
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Making Time for Mornings (day 3)
Most mornings consist of me waking up between 4:45-5am and feeding Myles, getting dressed for work, packing my lunch and my bags and heading out of the house by 5:30. No breakfast in bed, no coffee brewing, no newspaper or morning news. I barely give myself time to wake up before I scramble to the car. I will say though, I'm pretty efficient at rushing and getting ready in a flash in the mornings and it's in part related to the fact that Dean takes mornings with Myles. He gets him dressed, makes his bottles, and takes him to daycare; all things that I don't do most weekdays, unless Dean is TDY which he just so happens to be this week. I must admit, as hard as it is to fit double the amount of tasks into my morning, I do love spending them with my little boy! It's a nice change from my mundane schedule. I don't have to set an alarm on my phone, I just wait and wake up to my little human alarm clock instead. I get to ease in to waking up by feeding Myles first and then getting him dressed. Babies don't exactly respond well to being rushed so he keeps me in check in the mornings and makes sure I take my time getting things together. After Myles' and I are both ready it's time to let Linkin out and feed him. I forgot to mention that Dean also takes care of the dog! How did I forget that!? After the baby and the dog and the mom (ME!) are all ready it's finally time to go! At least I thought it was time to go until Myles coughed up phlegm which caused him to gag and throw up on him and mommy...This actually happened...I really can't make this stuff up... I was actually wishing that today was my "Make time for a shower day" because I then had to go to work with baby vomit dried in my hair after changing myself and Myles and bathing him and then leaving the house 30 minutes later. (I did shower later though, DON'T WORRY!) I had originally planned on being at work by 7:30 (an hour an a half later than normal) and I managed to clock in by 8:30. Although I hadn't planned on making extra time for the morning, my darling, adorable, sickly little boy made sure that I did! Long story short: I love making time for my mornings with Myles, even if they do get a little messy:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment