After leaving our first real home together in Lexington, Dean and I have arrived at McConnell AFB (Wichita, KS). This blog will (hopefully) keep our friends and family updated as we start a new chapter in our lives!
Sunday, October 6, 2013
Making Time to Pray (day 6)
It may be a bit cliche' that I've chosen to write about prayer on a Sunday but hear me out! The 31 day blog series I've started is all about making time and it made me realize that I have no problem making time for prayer and worship on Sundays (what else is the day of rest for!?) but I am not so diligent throughout the rest of the week. Sure, I talk to God more than just one day a week but writing this post got me thinking. Do I "make time" for God or do I just fit our talks in to whatever smiggen of time I have left in the day? Are my prayers really full of quality and meaning if I am giving them about as much attention as I gave my lunch? My post today isn't as much about how I made time for prayer as how I hope to make MORE time for it. I been fortunate enough to live such a blessed and charmed life and to think that there is one person-one God who made all of this possible, who knew before I did that this would all occur just humbles me to the core. I can only hope and pray that the blessings will continue and God will keep guiding our little family down the path he sees fit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment