After leaving our first real home together in Lexington, Dean and I have arrived at McConnell AFB (Wichita, KS). This blog will (hopefully) keep our friends and family updated as we start a new chapter in our lives!
Monday, October 7, 2013
Making Time to Learn (day 7)
I was in my Microbiology class this morning, completely enthralled in everything our professor was saying (I love me some science!) when she paused the lecture to answer a couple questions. I noticed then that around the room students were doodling, texting, sleeping, EATING or just talking to each other. *disclaimer, a rant is about to start. skip to the bottom if you don't want to hear it* Not only do I find it extremely disrespectful (call me old school) to speak over a teacher, It's also really distracting! It makes me wonder how anyone can judge a professor (good or bad) if they aren't even taking the time to listen? It's not high school, you don't HAVE to be here, you PAID to be here, why not get your money's worth? Even worse, this professor makes it very clear to the students that she will TELL us what we need to know. So, if you're failing the test maybe you should start coming to class and listening? It makes me so sad to see that so many American students take our Educational system and learning in general for granted. It's been a long time passed since America has had world-rated education programs but we are also far from the bottom people! Take advantage of these learning opportunities and use them! *Rant over* So today I took my phone out of my pocket in class and placed it in my bag. For three hours I didn't take it out or check the screen. I just listened, took notes, and LEARNED something. It was extremely freeing and refreshing:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment