After leaving our first real home together in Lexington, Dean and I have arrived at McConnell AFB (Wichita, KS). This blog will (hopefully) keep our friends and family updated as we start a new chapter in our lives!
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Making Time for Lunch (day 9)
Today I decided to do something different. I had lunch, ALONE!! I don't know how exciting or surprising this is to anyone else but for me it was pretty serious! It's way out of my comfort zone. I can do a lot of things alone; grocery shop, check the mail, work out. But when it comes to going into a restaurant, ordering food and sitting alone I get terrified! It's mostly because I love the company of others (and talking to them:)). I remember when Dean and I started dating (a long, long time ago) he told me that he went to the movies alone and it blew my mind! I envied him a little and at the same time felt sad for him hahaha No but seriously, I was like "how weird is this guy?!". I thought, why WOULDN'T you want someone with you?! Then I kept dating him and realized he was neither a loner nor a serial killer and that maybe it was pseudo-normal do be in public alone? hmm... what a thought. It actually worked perfectly for my plans today because I was let out of class early and had a few extra hours to spare so I packed up my laptop and micro notes and headed to Panera. It was really nice actually! I got free wi-fi and a yummy lunch and left feeling smarter and full:) I may have to do this more often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment